Drive Medical Mobility Scooters
Most Popular Drive Medical Mobility Scooter Models
Scout 4 and Scout 3 Models
Drive Medical’s Scout Compact Mobility Scooter is one of the most popular mobility scooters they offer. Available in both 3- or 4-wheel options, Scout scooters are top-rated, affordable, and efficient. The Scout models are some of Drive Medical’s best selling mobility scooters.
- These scooters are perfect for those looking to keep up at walking pace with their friends and family.
- The scout scooter comes 4-wheel model is available in two different battery options, which can allow you to make the most of your scooter’s maximum range. The standard SFSCOUT4 model comes with a 12AH battery, which allows for a 9-mile range. For people looking to travel long distances in a single charge, the SFSCOUT4-EXT model comes with a 20AH battery, which will increase the maximum range in a single charge to 15 miles.
- With a maximum 300-pound weight capacity, these scooters are versatile for most riders.
- Lifetime warranty on the frame, 12-month warranty on batteries, and 24-month warranty on the electronic controller and train components.
- The 4 wheel option is available in three cool colors, which are green, blue, and white.
- The Drive Medical 3- or 4-wheel Scout scooters would not be the best choice for customers looking for top-speed mobility scooters. With top speeds of 4.25 mph, this will not allow you to move much faster than average walking speed.
- There are other scooter options that have higher maximum ranges per charge.
- Not suitable for riders that exceed 300 pounds
- The 3 wheel option is only available in one color (red/blue)
Ventura 4 DLX Mobility Scooter
- The Ventura 4 DLX Mobility Scooter is equipped with a larger, full-size seat compared to the compact scooter options available by Drive Medical. Smaller, compact scooters will come with compact seats. An advantage of the Ventura 4 DLX is that this scooter comes with either an 18 or 20 inch full-size captain seat. The full-size seating option is one of Ventura’s most attractive features.
- High Weight Capacity: The Ventura 4 DLX has a 400 lb weight capacity, making it a better choice for larger riders. Smaller, compact scooters often have a maximum weight capacity of 300 lbs, which makes this a popular choice for heavier riders.
- Speed: The Ventura 4 DLX has a top speed of 6 mph, which makes this a perfect all-around scooter for many different situations. This speed is higher than that of Drive Medical’s compact mobility scooters.
- Durability: The Ventura 4 DLX is a full-size, durable model which is designed for heavy-usage. This model is a great pick to withstand lots of wear and tear and for riding on any type of terrain.
- Driving Range: The range on the Ventura 4 DLX is perfect for riders who don’t want to have to charge their mobility scooter as often. As previously mentioned, this scooter model is really a best choice for people who not only see themselves using their mobility scooter frequently, but who also do not want to be bothered with very frequent charging. With a range of 16 miles, this almost doubles the maximum range of some compact scooter options.
- Price Range: As the Ventura 4 DLX is a full-size scooter, the price ticket is higher than that of smaller, more compact mobility scooters. While there is a significant price difference, a full-size scooter is a better investment for riders looking for more frequent usage and durability over the long term.
- Scooter Total Weight: As this is a full-size scooter, the total item weight is 185 lbs. While it does have easy disassembly for transport, transporting this type of full-size scooter will require assistance from family, friends, or caregivers, and may be more time-consuming to transport as opposed to compact scooter options.
Zoo-Me Auto Flex Wheel Recreational Mobility Scooter
- A really great advantage of this zoo-me 3 wheel scooter is that it requires no assembly or disassembly, which makes it a quick and easy scooter for people who are going to take it many places. It can fold and unfold electronically within 15 seconds, using a wireless key fob. This scooter saves you time and allows you to transport it in a breeze!
- This scooter comes in a bright and shiny electric blue, suitable for everyone! The glossy appearance makes this scooter one of the most stylish options available by Drive Medical. The protective finish is also great to maintain its shiny appearance over time.
- Lightweight: This scooter has a total weight of only 60 lbs. This lightweight scooter is perfect for getting in and out of the car quickly without hassle. This scooter is highly recommended for travelers. In addition, the lithium battery will not be a problem if you’re traveling via plane with your mobility scooter.
- If you’re looking for color choices, or blue isn’t your color, this scooter does not give you the options to choose different paint finishes.
- This scooter has a top speed of 4mph, so if you’re looking for a super speedy scooter, this is probably not your best choice.
Drive Medical Mobility Scooter Accessories
Drive Medical offers the ability to add on several cool accessories to the Scout scooter, which allow you to maximize its features and customize your mobility scooter to fit your individual needs.
This overhang, nylon sunshade will hang atop of your scooter. This option is great for people using their scooters in outdoor places such as parks and boardwalks. The option to add this protection for hot and sunny days makes these scooters unique.
Add a hanging wire basket to the rear of your scooter to make carrying belongings easy. This is one of the most popular available accessories for the scout scooters. Although there is already a front basket to hold belongings, the advantage of the hanging rear basket is that it is great for carrying weightier items.
Medical Item Holders
For mobility scooter riders that require oxygen tanks or canes, you can purchase holders for these items that attach right to the scooter. These additions make these scooters great for people needing space to carry their medical supplies.
Showing all 5 results
Showing all 5 results
Drive Medical Mobility Scooter History
Drive Medical is one of the fastest growing companies when it comes to items in the home health industry. For over 20 years, Drive Medical has continued to expand and improve upon their product lines, leading to their growth to become a multinational company.
In 2000, they began under the name Medical Depot, but changed their name shortly after they began growing. In 2015, Drive Medical was acquired by DeVilbiss Healthcare, and merged to become Drive Devilbiss Healthcare. Currently, the two companies operate independently but have merged to ultimately become one healthcare product manufacturer.
At Drive Medical, their mission is to lead the world with innovative healthcare solutions and to enhance lives. Their mobility scooter product line features 14 different models with varying features.
Drive Medical does not sell directly to consumers, instead they sell through various retailers, such as Amazon. Drive Medical takes customer comments and ideas into accounts. They seek ongoing feedback from mobility scooters customers like you which allows them to continue bettering their mobility scooters.
Drive Medical offers a variety of different types of mobility scooters, making them a wonderful option for a diverse customer group. They offer several compact travel scooters, heavy duty scooters, full-size scooters, and recreational mobility scooters.